With expertise in water, energy, financial and environmental solutions, GE is uniquely positioned to provide a complete W2V solution.
Waste-to-Value improves our industrial customers' bottom line and environmental impact by reducing wastewater discharge/disposal, energy use, and fresh water consumption.
The solution also will reduce the plant's carbon footprint and potentially make the customer's business eligible for tax credits. Waste streams with high organic content will provide the greatest return on investment such as in the Food & Beverage and Pulp & Paper industries.
GE's Waste-to-Value solution provides the customer with the ability to become independent of water and energy and to provide attractive long term benefits and fixed utility costs.
The main environmental benefits are
- Reduction of the plant's fresh water footprint by re-using process water
- Substantial reduction of CO2 emitted to the environment
- Cover electricity and thermal requirements partly with biogas created through the organic waste stream
The GE Waste-to-Value solution can be configured with advanced solutions including: sophisticated wastewater treatment technologies Jenbacher combined heat and power production, regulatory expertise, and flexible financing and equity structures.
The operating performance is improved by saving costs for electricity and natural gas through the creation of biogas that is produced through the digestion of the organic content. Also the process wastewater is cleaned for re-use which reduces the amount fresh water intake and saves money.
In many cases waste disposal costs are greatly reduced. By monetizing the carbon savings and taking advantage of incentives such as locally offered tax breaks the Waste-to-Value solution can increase the operational benefits even more.
GE's waste to value solution is the only W2V solution ecomangination certified.
GE is investing in innovative technologies to help you meet industrial and environmental challenges head-on. Those challenges present an opportunity for GE Water & Process Technologies to do what GE does best -- to imagine and build innovative solutions that benefit you our customers, and society at large.
What is Ecomagination and why does it help you?
- Ecomagination is GE's cross-company growth initiative to develop and commercialize technologies that help our customers solve their toughest environmental challenges
- Ecomagination is a part of solving the big challenges the world is facing (scarcity, security & regulation)
- Ecomagination certification helps you to validate & communicate emission reductions to the public
Savings Monetization and Revenue Tool (SMART)
Instantly compute an estimated annual savings for your plant operations by providing five simple inputs.
The requested resource (/spotlights/global/contact_us.html) is not available