Quickly produce ultrapure water (UPW) through modular design
Consistent UPW quality is critical to semiconductor and microelectronics plants. GE’s modular UPW plant, featuring HERO technology, answers that need with predesigned operating units that reduce engineering hours and lower design costs to accelerate commissioning. The modules are flexible to meet your site’s unique water quality requirements.
In addition to producing UPW, GE’s modular systems treat streams such as UPW makeup, UPW fab rinse recycle and reclaim, hydrofluoric acid waste treatment and reclamation, and scrubber blowdown.
High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis (HERO) Features
- Reduces footprint by up to 30%, allowing for greater UPW capacity
- Prolongs membrane life by 4 to 6 years, reducing operating costs
- Robust design handles aggressive feedwater and seasonal feedwater variations
- Continuously operates above 90% water recovery – unprecedented for a typical reverse osmosis system – with little or no bio-fouling and organic fouling compared to a conventional RO
- Meets stringent silica, boron, fluoride, and TOC specifications and can handle three to seven times higher silica levels than traditional RO systems (up to 2,000 ppm in concentrate stream)
With N+1 design redundancy, GE’s modular UPW solution provides 100% uptime and meets the UPW quality needed within the smallest footprint
Whether your UPW need is for boiler feedwater, ingredient water, process water or rinse water, GE offers UPW solutions to meet your distinct quality needs
GE has pledged to invest in more green technologies while improving our own energy efficiency. This translates into more innovation for the world’s water needs.
*Trademark of General Electric Company; may be registered in one or more countries