Recover up to 95% of industrial wastewater as high purity distillate
GE's vertical tube, falling film brine concentrators, and evaporators can recycle wastewater into a high-purity distillate that can be used for boiler and cooling tower makeup, flue-gas desulfurization (FGD) blowdown, NOx control, and process use. The remaining 5% is a slurry concentrate that can be sent to a small solar pond, reduced to dry solids in a crystallizer or spray dryer, or used for ash wetting.
Fixed Evaporator Features
- Energy-efficient operation that is 25 to 50 times more efficient than conventional single-effect, steam-driven evaporators
- High-grade construction materials designed to provide decades of reliable operation
- Variable waste flows to treat as much as 3,000 gallons per minute (gpm) plus, or as little as 10 gpm
- Ability to run on electricity or steam in a multiple-effect configuration
- Patented brine distributors that ensure a smooth flow of brine, avoiding scale formation
- Corrosion resistant titanium for reliable operation and long lifecycle
- Proprietary seeded slurry technology controls scale, often limiting cleanings to only once per year
- Fully automated operation to maintain precise system control and minimize operator interaction
The Orlando Utilities Commission met ZLD permitting requirements and converted the blowdown stream into high purity reuse water.
With thermal evaporator technology for produced water, Russia's second largest oil producer will be the first entity in Russia to use recycled water from enhanced oil recovery in the treatment of heavy oil produced water.
*Trademark of General Electric Company; may be registered in one or more countries